Aetas – Latin; definition: an age, stage, period of life, time, era.
Aetas is devoted to increasing awareness of the significance of time and how time – our personal past, present and future - can be the source of happiness and well-being as well as cause us undue stress and anxiety. Through knowledge, interactive aspects and self-soothing techniques, Aetas provides you with easy and effective ways to attain and maintain focus and a sense of calm.
This Aetas website offers useful information regarding time perspectives and their importance in our daily lives. We generally take time for granted until we run out of it. But by being conscious of how we view and spend our time, we can achieve peace with the past, work towards a brighter future for ourselves, our loved ones and communities, and live in a more enjoyable present.
The Aetas app, available soon at the App Store, is an innovative three-fold design: educational, interactive and self-soothing.
1. Educational – Learn about the major time perspectives (past negative, past positive, present hedonism, present fatalism, and future) and how our behavior and decisions may be based on our tendency towards any one or two of these time perspectives.
2. Interactive – Aetas has two interactive segments:
· Zimbardo Time Perspective Inventory (ZTPI) – take the 15 question ZTPI to discover your personal time perspectives.
· Learn to regulate your breath and slow your heart rate with a visual aid.
3. Self-soothing – three 2-minute guided meditations are provided to help you calm yourself, to move forward in life, and for when you want to focus on the task at hand.